Oct. 18, 2022
Multi-user multi-touch is a highly intuitive technology that enables a trackpad or touchscreen to simultaneously sense the presence of more than two concurrent points of contact with the surface. This has a profound impact on end-users, panel operators, engineers, managers, purchasers, executives and other decision-makers. With this interaction technique, users can control graphical applications using several fingers, and one or more users can interact with computer applications through various gestures created by fingers on a surface without affecting other users.
ITO Technology Multi-touch Screen
Most people are familiar with the general principle of touchscreen technology: the interface works when the touch point is determined. It is the information that determines which icons or buttons the operator is pressing. However, there are several different types of touch screen technology, including multitouch.
Adapted and prepared for new technologies, multitouch is fundamental in automation, taking into account the following characteristics and benefits:
● Low implementation costs
Multitouch technology offers great advantages without the need for a significant investment or a drastic change.
● Cost reduction
Companies are able to reduce costs, taking into account the ease of use of any equipment with multitouch technology.
● Automated problem diagnosis
Multitouch technology can solve problems by providing an overview of the system while consuming less storage space.
When used on touch screens, multitouch technology opens the door to a new world of possibilities and applications, offering numerous benefits, such as the following:
1 – Ease of use
Several companies use multitouch technology taking into account its ease of use, decreasing the amount of time customers wait in queues.
2 – Recognition of several touches and movements simultaneously
Multitouch technology is designed to identify multiple points of contact.
3 – Users do not need a keyboard or a mouse
The use of a multitouch display allows the absence of the mouse and keyboard from the computer. Without them, the transport of the device is also facilitated.
4 – Quickness
Users don’t need to spend much time with a device, since multitouch technology stands out for its quickness.
5 – Reduction of time and costs
Thanks to technological advances, multitouch allows a reduction of costs and time, since they are practical to use.
6 – Improved remote functionality
Multitouch enhances remote functionality and access through smartphones and tablets.
7 – Durability
Multitouch displays are stronger and more durable.
● Interactive multi-touch displays and touchscreens are useful in settings where more than one person operates the same digital system simultaneously. For example, gaming kiosks, which are revolutionising the gaming industry.
● In a retail store, where multi-user multi-touch displays visually stimulate shoppers to stay and explore store promotions and facilitate the shopping experience through a new engaging approach that makes customers come back.
● Interactive multi-touch switchable, smart glass screen walls and partitions used in shopping windows, bank counters, outdoor advertisements, hospitals, bathrooms and public spaces. Smart glass works on an electrical principle and switches from frosted to clear when power is applied. When power is on, the transparent glass shows a 3D stereoscopic image without affecting the display of exhibits in the shopping window.
The normal glass can be coated with a switchable optical layer using UV light, or a laminated switchable smart glass panel can be used for superior performance and clarity. Black, tinted switchable smart glass offers more privacy by turning the glass darker. Smart glass serves as the ideal choice for commercial or residential installations.
● Multi-touch functions in a kiosk allow multiple touch points on the screen at the same time. This flexibility allows a single user to use both hands to interact with the kiosk, or multiple kiosk users can interact with the kiosk at the same time.
These self-service machines lower the total cost of ownership throughout the lifecycle. Recent kiosks come with HDMI/VGA connections allowing users to connect to any PC or laptop, while the integrated multi-touch technology transforms finger(s) movement(s) equivalent to the movement of the mouse, thus making any content touch-capable.
● Interactive touchscreens can be used effectively in hotels, spas and the hospitality industry to welcome and inform individual guests and customers. Using proximity sensors and face detection via cameras, personalised information can be viewed before the customers interact with the touchscreen. Also, offerings, products and services can be highlighted to them quickly.
We not only see touch technology in science fiction movies, but also in real life across thousands of businesses that focus on customer engagement. This innovative technology has impacted businesses that enhance environmental, ergonomic and economical workflows.
YS043KT01V1.0 is a 4.3 inch diagonally TFT-LCD module taped bonded with a multi touchscreen glass. This TFT-LCD is 480x272 pixels, using amorphous silicon TFT as a switching device, which is composed of a TFT-LCD panel, a driving circuit and a backlight system. The touch is air-gap bonded on the display panel with double-sided adhesive tape around the TFT-LCD border.
YS238QT02V1 is a 23.8 inch FHD TFT-LCD Module with 1920x1080 resolution optically bonded with 23.8 inch projected capacitive touch panel. The TFT-LCD is LVDS interface, wide viewing angles, high contrast and fast response. The touch is projected capacitive touch screen sensor optically bonded with strengthened cover glass, supporting multi-touch on Windows, Android and Linux operating systems.
YS070KT02V1.0 is a 7.0 inch 800x480 pixels touchscreen display module. The TFT-LCD module is AT070TN92 from INNOLUX, taped-bonded with PCAP touch panel, supporting USB multi-touch, 50-pin FPC TTL connecting tail, wide operating temperature -20 celsius degree to 70 celsius degree, 250 nits brightness.